My Account  MY ACCOUNT Shopping Cart  CART

Azienda Agricola Ca' La Bionda - “Campo Casalvegri” Valpolicella Classico Superiore 2019

Price: $30.00

Sold Out
The following items are in stock:
Producer Azienda Agricola Ca' La Bionda
Country Italy
Region Veneto
Varietal Corvina Corvinone Rondinella
Vintage 2019
Sku 010964
ABV 13.50%
 Grown Organically 

Ca' La Bionda is located in the commune of Marano di Valpolicella in the heart of the Classico zone of Valpolicella. Founded by Pietro Castellani in 1902, the estate is comprised of over 29 hectares of hillside vineyards at an altitude between 150 and 300 meters with east/southeast exposure. Today, Ca' La Bionda is in its fourth generation of family leadership with brothers Alessandro (winemaker) and Nicola (viticulturalist) at the helm. The soils of the vineyards are calcareous, composed primarily of marine sediment, which help give the wines a welcome freshness and verve. All grapes on their vineyards are grown organically — certified since 2016 — many on terraced vineyards, all of which are worked by hand.

The Casal Vegri Valpolicella is a blend of 70% Corvina, 20% Corvinone, and 10% Rondinella, made from a single vineyard that is devoted exclusively to the production of Valpolicella: no grapes are used for Amarone, Ripasso, or any other red wines. Vines here average 25 years of age and are grown on clay-limestone soils. The wine is fermented in stainless steel tanks, after which 90% is aged in 3,000 liter barrels and the remaining 10% in small oak barriques. Aromas of small red and forest fruits dominate the nose. On the palate the wine is a rich medium body, with silky smooth tannins and a vibrant acidity to balance the concentration of fruit flavors. Pair with roasted meats and spicy dishes. 

Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know about exclusive savings, wine tasting events and our newest arrivals.
Subscribe

 

Subscribe to our newsletter
to be the first to know of our latest news and featured wines
and receive 10% off your first online purchase.

Sign up now!