Our Shipping Information
The Princeton Corkscrew comes to you!
2022 Holiday Shipping Deadlines
Please click HERE for important information regarding Holiday shipping!
Our Shipping policy:
Please note: We must require an adult signature (21+) from the recipient of any package containing alcohol.
We ship via Fed-Ex/UPS to the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, ID, *IL*, IN, IA, KA, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NM, NJ, NY, NC, ND, OH, *OK*, OR, PA, RI, SC, TN, *TX*, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY.
The following states only allow wine shipments to certain zip codes. Please click a state to review its specific rules.
In the event an order to a restricted zip code is received, we will contact you to let you know and see if we can work out an alternative plan.
As the laws of each state vary widely in allowance for shipping alcohol, please contact us here at the shop to inquire about shipping to your address. We will be happy to work with you to find the quickest, safest and easiest method of getting our product to your door.
*ATTENTION: At this time, shipments to Illinois, Oklahoma and Texas experience longer that average shipping time. We are working to improve this service, though presently, shipments to these three states require an additional week to complete delivery. Thank you for your patience on this matter.*
- All orders are shipped via FedEx/UPS in FedEx/UPS-approved shippers. The shipping charge is based on the weight of the parcel. This amount includes the shipping box, but does not include sales tax.
- We offer standard ground shipping only for online orders.
- We offer standard ground shipping for most in-shop and phone orders.
- Express shipping is available, but for emergency orders only. (The customer is responsible for the payment of the express shipping amount. Express shipping can be handled either in person or over the phone only. Also please note that while Express shipping is available, it is not recommended to due the increased cost.)
- Street addresses, email and phone numbers are required for all shipments.
- As stated above, all shipments require an adult signature for receipt of package(s). This means that someone, 21 years of age or older, must be present to receive the package.
- FedEx/UPS will attempt delivery three separate times, each time leaving information regarding when they attempted delivery and additional options available regarding the package. Recipients are given the option to pick up their package(s) at a nearby facility, though once this is requested, recipients will only have one week to pick up their package(s) before they are returned to sender.
- On the rare occasion that a package is returned to sender, please note that FedEx/UPS issues a Return to Sender fee for this service equal to the initial shipping charge. If this does happen, customers will have the option of receiving a refund on the returned wine, minus the Return to Sender fee, or we can re-ship the wine. Please note that re-shipping the wine will constitute a second shipping charge, in addition to the Return to Sender fee.
* ATTENTION REGARDING GIFT SHIPMENTS* - Given the above, it is highly recommended that customers sending gifts should contact their gift recipient in advance to let them know they have a package arriving.
We recommend against shipping when the weather is too hot or too cold, though with customer consent, we ship all year round. Given that we cannot control what happen to shipments after they leave the shop, we are not responsible for any weather-related or other damages that may occurs during transit. In the event that we do hold onto a shipment until a customer is more comfortable with the weather conditions, please note that there may be an additional fee added if the carriers rates have changed since an order was processed.